Tuesday, August 7, 2007

On the Internet

For purely vain reasons, I searched for my blog on the internet. This was in an attempt to see if anyone else might have ever referenced me, linked to me, or anything like that. Nobody had, as expected, but I did find some interesting sites. Like this one:
We love the souls of the Roman Catholic people; but we abhor popery, Romish rituals, and the Roman church's many ungodly, unbiblical doctrines. As our Articles of Faith state, "We hold the pope to be antichrist spoken of in 1 John 2:18, the man of sin and son of perdition spoken of in 2 Thessalonians, chapter two. We believe the Roman Catholic Church to be none other than the woman who rides the beast spoken of in Revelation, chapter seventeen."
I'm glad to share the internet with these good fellows.

As an interesting side note, I like how they have a history of anti-Popery that dates back to 1646 (361 years, but who's counting). I bet we could come up with documents opposing their views, and espousing ours from about the year 500 (probably earlier). That's 1500 years, but again, who's counting?

Thanks for allowing me this indulgence, internet.

-JG

No comments: